November Advance Intensive chocolate making course - Online
learn the science of chocolate making
Start date: 26th Nov 2018
End date: 4th Jan 2019
Online - Tutor led course (Tutor will remain with you for 6 weeks via whatsapp group)
Self study material.
Practicals and Exams (online)
You have to finish modules on deadlines.
Key Areas covered in this course:
- Tempering chocolate by seeding method
- Tempering chocolate by tablering method
- Understand crystallization of Ganaches
- Understand importance of temperature and crystallization points in chocolate.
- Understand different types of fats in chocolate and why it is important to stabilize fats.
- Demonstration of good and bad tempering, avoiding surface shrinking
- How to check consistency by touching and pouring method
- Learn correct ways of chocolate melting, understanding effects of humidity, room temperature and refrigerator temperature
- Dealing with common problems faced in humid and tropical climate – how to avoid sweating of chocolates
- Learn to add flavours
- Learn to colour chocolates
- Understand various types of moulds and equipments
- Learn mould filling methods
- Learn bulk and cut methods for chocolate making [ time saving methods]
Learn filled chocolates in popular categories:
- Soft centers
- Fruit pastes
- Bulk cut pieces
- Liquid adding techniques
Crystallization of ganaches by various methods, in depth
Understanding water activity and its effect on recipe shelf life
Moisture migration and fat migration discussion.
Role of sugar and humectants in chocolate.
Use of additives in chocolates and fillings. Enhancing shelf life.
Professional finishing techniques – right from making shells and locking them
Use of texture sheets and transfer sheets, correct procedures of their usage
Spraying techniques with colored cocoa (understanding proportions and temperatures for spray)
Moulding and enrobing techniques
Moulded and bulk production techniques
Learn unique infusions
Home and commercial production processes.
Some of the flavors:
Mandarin Pate de fruit
Honey kissed Sesame Praline
Banana hazlenut cheesecake
Brownie caramel chocolate bar
Total 10 recipes in part 2
Rakesh Saini is internationally qualified chocolatier
and sugar artist. He started his career in London and been in industry
for last 19 years. He travels across India and abroad to teach.
He has authored book on cupcake designs and writes for various magazines and journals. He is Majorly into consulting and teaching.
Certified Professional Chocolatier
Certified Master of Chocolate Flavors
Certified Bean to Bar Maker
Certified Sugar Artist